22447 Highway 14
Walden CO, 80430
$0.07 per sqft
Built in 1990
Courtesy of Hall and Hall Partners LLP, Brian Smith, Listing Contact:
One of the most well-known legacy ranches in northern Colorado, Grizzly Ranch combines exceptional ranching and recreational attributes on 9,286± deeded acres plus 13,400± BLM leased acres. The ranch is located along Highway 14, approximately 10 minutes from Walden and 45± minutes from Steamboat Springs. Named after Grizzly Creek, which meanders for five-plus miles through the ranch, the Grizzly Ranch is a well-watered, contiguous ranch that offers great working ranch production values and outstanding recreation. The ranch also contains seven miles of Little Grizzly Creek, and the confluence of Little Grizzly and Grizzly Creeks is the beginning of the famous North Platte River, which flows for another four-plus miles on the ranch. With over 16 miles of creeks and the river, the ranch offers tremendous brown and rainbow trout fishing and the opportunity to make additional stream improvements. The ranch runs a well-balanced hay and grazing operation. Productive hay meadows are irrigated with senior water rights and an extensive ditch system that provides irrigation water for over 4,700 acres. The current owner rates the ranch at 1,000 pairs annually plus 400-500 yearlings and they are producing more than 3,500 tons of quality mountain hay annually. There is an excellent set of first-class operating improvements and outbuildings consisting of multiple sets of working facilities and numerous Morton structures. This is the first time that the ranch is being offered with the seller’s valuable mineral rights, which have generated significant royalty payments from oil and gas production.
September 6, 2023
September 14, 2023
22447 Highway 14
Walden CO, 80430
Borders Public Land, Ditch
Other Property Details
Meadow, Mountain(s), Valley, Water
Agriculture/Ditch Water, Well
1. This publication is designed to provide information regarding the subject matter covered. It is displayed with the understanding that the publisher and authors are not engaged in rendering real estate, legal, accounting, tax, or other professional services and that the publisher and authors are not offering such advice in this publication. If real estate, legal, or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent, professional person should be sought.
2. The information contained in this publication is subject to change without notice. METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO THIS MATERIAL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN OR FOR ANY DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE FURNISHING, PERFORMANCE, OR USE OF THIS MATERIAL.
3. PUBLISHER’S NOTICE: All real estate advertised herein is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act and the Colorado Fair Housing Act, which Acts make it illegal to make or publish any advertisement that indicates any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
4. METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO will not knowingly accept any advertising for real estate that is in violation of the law. All persons are hereby informed that all dwellings advertised are available on an equal opportunity basis.
5. Equal Housing Opportunity - see logo above.
6. © 2020 METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO® – All Rights Reserved 6455 S. Yosemite St., Suite 500, Greenwood Village, CO 80111 USA 7. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WORLDWIDE. No part of this publication may be reproduced, adapted, translated, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher. The information contained herein including but not limited to all text, photographs, digital images, virtual tours, may be seeded and monitored for protection and tracking.
©2023 REColorado. All rights reserved.
Data last updated 8:10 AM UTC, 9/14/2023