41763 H Road
Cahone CO, 81320
$0.07 per sqft
Courtesy of Fay Ranches Inc, Charlene Olsen, Listing Contact:
The meadows of Brumley Aspen Waters Ranch rise gently from the shores of Groundhog Reservoir to dense aspen and dark timber forests, enjoying a 3.5-mile boundary with thousands of acres of San Juan National Forest. The assembly of the ranch began in 1900 and has never left the family’s hands. It is rare to find a ranch so raw in the beauty that has remained with one family owner for this length of time. The abundance of water, massive aspen groves, dark timber, plentiful elk herds, quality grazing, and beautiful scenic views make the ranch unique. Numerous ponds dot the land, and at least two creeks cross the ranch. Beaver ponds have created a fishery that the next owner can enhance. Groundhog Creek is a year-round stream that feeds into Groundhog Reservoir, a designated Colorado State Wildlife Area. The ranch backdrop features two iconic Colorado mountains, Lone Cone Peak and Groundhog Mountain, both over 12,000 feet in elevation. The lush grass and numerous watering holes allow the grazing of up to 400 yearlings each summer should the owner decide to do so. Wildlife is plentiful, and the ranch is well known as an elk calving ground; each spring, hundreds of cow elk make their way down from the forest into the lush meadows of the ranch to birth their offspring. Of course, the bull elk follow in the fall, and the hunting and wildlife viewing is world-class. A new three-bedroom and loft home is nicely finished and has great views. Located near the house are an older cabin and workshop. The Brumley Aspen Waters Ranch is a special offering looking for its next steward.
July 24, 2022
August 31, 2023
41763 H Road
Cahone CO, 81320
Borders National Forest, Ditch, Irrigated, Many Trees, Meadow, Mountainous, Rock Outcropping, Rolling Slope, Secluded, Sloped, Spring(s), Suitable For Grazing
Other Property Details
Lake, Meadow, Mountain(s), Valley, Water
1. This publication is designed to provide information regarding the subject matter covered. It is displayed with the understanding that the publisher and authors are not engaged in rendering real estate, legal, accounting, tax, or other professional services and that the publisher and authors are not offering such advice in this publication. If real estate, legal, or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent, professional person should be sought.
2. The information contained in this publication is subject to change without notice. METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO THIS MATERIAL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN OR FOR ANY DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE FURNISHING, PERFORMANCE, OR USE OF THIS MATERIAL.
3. PUBLISHER’S NOTICE: All real estate advertised herein is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act and the Colorado Fair Housing Act, which Acts make it illegal to make or publish any advertisement that indicates any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
4. METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO will not knowingly accept any advertising for real estate that is in violation of the law. All persons are hereby informed that all dwellings advertised are available on an equal opportunity basis.
5. Equal Housing Opportunity - see logo above.
6. © 2020 METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO® – All Rights Reserved 6455 S. Yosemite St., Suite 500, Greenwood Village, CO 80111 USA 7. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WORLDWIDE. No part of this publication may be reproduced, adapted, translated, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher. The information contained herein including but not limited to all text, photographs, digital images, virtual tours, may be seeded and monitored for protection and tracking.
©2023 REColorado. All rights reserved.
Data last updated 12:11 AM UTC, 8/31/2023